Print Production Manager- QQP
The print production manager must fully understand the goals and philosophies of the company and be able to apply them to the daily operation. The position is responsible for all the imaging and finishing operations, the daily workflow schedule, quality control, equipment maintenance, training and staff development. The manager must be able to make clear decisions and carry them out in a quick and professional manner. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the department to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Manage the daily production schedule for the print production department.
- Review of all jobs entering the workflow for consumable product ordering and to ensure accurate data entry, ticket writing and communication of special needs.
- Continually analyze workflow procedures for efficiencies.
- Inspect jobs to verify conformance to specifications and direct setups and adjustments of the machines.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Study production schedules and establish or adjust work procedures to meet deadlines set.
- Regularly communicate the company mission, vision, and expectations to the department supervisors and employees.
- Foster a respectful and positive work environment for all employees.
- Develop and administer department operational policies and procedures.
- Prepare and administer department operating expense and revenue budgets.
- Develop and administer a routine maintenance program for department equipment.
- Oversee department materials purchasing practices and inventory levels.
- Develop and implement immediate and long-range plans for department personnel and equipment.
- Develop and administer a formal review, development and training program for each employee in the department.
- Work with other department managers to enhance customer service, operational efficiency, and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Prepare a monthly report to the General Manager to communicate all pertinent department activity.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge of printing, bindery, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Must be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Shift – 1st 8am-5pm