Senior Project Coordinator
The Senior Project Coordinator works as a vital hinge between the company and the customers. This position requires deep technical knowledge, excellent customer service skills, and a genuine desire to accommodate the needs of both the customer and the company. The position routinely interacts with nearly all departments in the company so great bridge-building and interpersonal skill are essential. A firm yes to GWC and our company core values will lead to the highest level of satisfaction for the employee, the company, and the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain professional customer relationships through regular written and spoken communication regarding company services, job specifications, raw materials, customer expectations, industry information, and personal/business relationship activities.
- Learn the customer’s business and clearly understand how and when the company can best serve their needs. At the same time, clearly understand how the company can best be served in the relationship.
- Serve as the link in converting job estimates, customer files and other information into complete working job tickets that serve as the “project plan” for converting job specifications into the final product.
- Work with estimating for all pricing decisions including estimates for live jobs changes, outside goods and services markups, mailing and transportation fees, etc.
- Build excellent technical knowledge of our processes to help build efficient job plans, reduce waste, improve quality, and build depth-of-knowledge throughout the organization.
- Maintain organized work habits, a neat work area, keep good records and good process skills to allow yourself and others before and after you in the process to be well-informed and successful. Work well within organizational deadlines.
- Monitor the workflow of each job though the production process to collaboratively work through issues to maximize schedule efficiency, meet expected quality standards, hit scheduled handoffs, and meet company profit needs on each job. This includes managing customer accountability as it relates to their influence on the schedule and workflow.
- Coordinate “Outside Goods & Services” in conjunction with cost estimates and the production schedule. Again for efficiency, quality, throughput, and profit on each job.
- In the event that issues of any nature reach the customer, serve as the company’s advocate to minimize damages while maintaining the customers trust and satisfaction of the solution.
- Serve as an advocate for continuous improvement in all areas you touch through good understanding of the issues, good documentation, and clear and respectful communication in proper organizational order.
- Be a leader in understanding and communicating company workload forecasting, materials inventory controls, value streams, speed and accuracy of billing, and profit needs.
- Take personal responsibility for self-development, as well as helping to build depth-of-knowledge within the department and those that connect to it.
- Be a leader, understand and live the company’s core values, and never stop learning about both internal processes, and what the market needs us to serve.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve departmental and company goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good understanding of printing and related processes.
- Good understanding of basic business principles.
- Must be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
shift- 1st (8am-5pm)