Assistant Operator- Sheetfed Press
This position functions as the assistant commercial sheetfed press operator. Responsible for the daily workflow schedule set by the department manager, quality control, and machine maintenance. A very high level of print quality is expected from each job printed, as well as, meeting and exceeding production standards. The role also includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Assist with job setups.
- Prepare paper for the presses. Put away when done.
- Keep the ink fountains filled with ink.
- Check the main ph and conductivity of water and fill as needed.
- Fold, trim, and assure the accuracy of each form before printing.
- Read and clearly understand press operation manuals and follow the guidelines set.
- Maintain an organized and clean workstation.
- Meet production standards set for each job and ensure the highest level of quality is achieved.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment with other employees to enhance customer service and efficiency.
- Display a positive attitude towards finishing jobs, the crew, the company, and themselves.
- Follow all safety policy and procedures.
- Communicate with the operator and crew on the status of the current job.
- Identify quality issues and make corrections.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of printing, bindery, and related processes.
- Working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Flexible with hours and machines.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Ability to follow verbal/written direction.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Shift- 1st (8am-4pm) and 3rd (12am-8am)