General Production – Web Press
Responsibilities include stacking printed signatures evenly and in a timely fashion on a pallet or skid while checking for quality and assisting the crew where needed. This position also includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Move pallets or skids to and from the work area.
- Stack signatures evenly on pallet/skid.
- Assist in changing paper rolls, washing press blankets, and performing preventative maintenance.
- Check overall quality of the signatures.
- Continually communicate with the press operator on the performance of the current job.
- Keep the area around the machines clean of unnecessary items.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must be able to lift and bend.
- Working knowledge of printing, bindery, and related processes.
- Working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Flexible with hours and machines.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Ability to follow verbal/written direction.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; or GED; or 2 or more years of printing/bindery experience; and/or vocational training in the printing and bindery industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.