The material handler is responsible for operating the forklift on the production floor. They are responsible for the equipment they operate, the inventory they handle and the safety of themselves and their co-workers as well as pedestrians in their immediate work area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect equipment before and after each use.
- Unload/load shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently stack and store merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Fill slots with new stock.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Perform or assist in equipment maintenance as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Must be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Shift- 2nd (3pm-11pm)