National Sales Representative
The national sales representative is responsible for soliciting the company’s products and services on national level to current and prospective customers. This individual must have excellent telephone skills, professional sales abilities, a high-level understanding of business and marketing and a good working knowledge of print and cross-media as sources of effective marketing and communication. Client development from both cold and existing prospects is a critical part of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively procure and organize viable sales leads and manage the sales process so that the company is a top candidate for current and future business.
- Work with management and the estimators to develop an effective selling and pricing strategy as well as recommendations to the customer for alternative solutions that could enhance the product’s results or save money.
- Work toward established growth goals in terms of sales volume and depth in the customer’s print and media budget. Must be comfortable with a compensation plan that is directly tied to performance.
- Supply company marketing materials, professional sales letters and job samples to current and prospective customers and communicate the benefits of our products and services.
- Establish credit terms and prepare sales contracts for each job sold.
- Communicate with customer service on job specifications to ensure proper handoff of the job.
- Monitor job progress and stay in contact with the customer.
- Prepare weekly report for sales manager on sales activities.
- Work as a team with co-workers and other departments.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent and aggressive sales techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional, courteous telephone etiquette.
- Overall understanding of printing and related processes.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively follow through.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.