This position functions as an estimator and working team leader. The estimator will work with the production supervisor to oversee, coordinate, and direct the flow of projects through the department to meet the specifications identified in the quote. The information gathered from the production floor will flow back into the theory and calculations used to estimate projects. Inversely the calculation used to estimate projects will be communicated to the production supervisor and team while leading projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accurate and precise quotes to the sales team. Taking into account all aspects of the job, customer expectations, and market pressures to formulate a profitable quote.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all CSR and production team members in person and on the telephone while communicating project leadership and quoting.
- Work closely with production supervisor to provide feedback on work performance and job flow as it relates to execution of live jobs to meet quoted expectations.
- Coordinate pre-production meetings with Graphics/Prepress, QQP production and customer service when applicable
- Determine the end-use of the customer’s project and provide team members with suitable advice and solutions for all QQP services.
- Actively support QQP sales and CSR team members with innovative and fresh ideas to boost sales.
- Actively support QQP production supervisor and production employees with innovative and fresh ideas to boost efficiency and productivity.
- Communicate any necessary information to the appropriate team members on proper layout, and production techniques necessary to meet the quoted specifications of the work being produced.
- Offer hands on training and support to the production team as a team lead with the intent to increase employee productivity.
- Monitor job progress and stay in contact with the production supervisor on any concerns.
- Provide leadership in the department to help manage production employees to meet job element deadlines for profitability.
- Work as a team with co-workers and other departments.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent and aggressive customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Possess a deep technical understanding of our products, services, and production capabilities.
- Ability to operate all standard office and copy center equipment.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Must be flexible.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively follow through.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of work under pressure situations.
- Working knowledge of adobe suite programs.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shift- 1st 8am-5pm