This position functions as the maintenance technician with an Electrician License issued from the state of SD. Position responsible for being a department leader, along with assisting with the daily workflow schedule, quality control, equipment repair, and equipment maintenance. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the best customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Troubleshooting machine problems, through basic problem solving techniques.
- Perform searches on the internet for parts, manuals & basic equipment information.
- Perform and/or overseeing the completion of preventative maintenance.
- Perform general repairs on production machinery, office equipment, and facilities.
- Provide technical assistance and information to the Facilities Manager.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Be a leader in the department.
- Be a mentor. A go to person for others in the department.
- Some larger projects may be assigned to you for layout, bids, material lists & implementing or leading the project.
- Expected to produce good quality work/workmanship routinely.
- Could be requested to work any of the 3 shifts or a mixed combo.
- Must have & maintain a minimum of Journeyman’s Electrical license through the state of SD.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Safety conscience.
- Must be flexible and available to work odd hours.
- Must be a jack of all trades.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Be able to read mechanical blue prints, electrical & electronic schematics.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Basic plumbing knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree in Electronics or related field; or 5 or more yrs related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of a Journeyman’s Electrical license issued by the state of SD.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shift- 12 hour shifts 8am-8pm Rotating days