Accounts Receivable Specialist
This position will perform all activities related to invoicing and recording payment and deposits for customer accounts and point of sale transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify and post daily Point of Sale transactions and deposits.
- Verify and integrate into the accounting software sales invoices that are completed in the production software for Midstates and Panther Graphics.
- Record and apply customer payments onto the appropriate accounts and prepare corresponding bank deposits.
- Prepare and distribute daily collection reports to appropriate sales and customer service representatives.
- Reconcile and post daily Post Office transactions and prepare daily Post Office deposits.
- Monitor customer accounts and post adjustments for finance charge and small balance write-offs.
- Set up new cash customers and credit customers as directed.
- Record and post month-end credit adjustments as directed.
- Assist sales and customer service representatives in researching questions on customer accounts.
- Prepare and mail out month-end customer statements and reconcile accounts receivable journals to the general ledger.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Basic computer skills involving writing, spreadsheets and working in several ERP platforms.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent multi-task and organization skills.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Must be reliable, professional, consistent and serious about the tasks at hand.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.