Assistant Machine Operator
This position assists the Press Machine Operator. The Assistant is an important member of the team who directly affects the productivity and quality. No experience is necessary. Excellent on the job training is provided. The next progression after Assistant Machine Operator is Press Machine Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Assist with job setups.
- Prepare paper for the presses. .
- Read and clearly understand press operation manuals and follow the guidelines set.
- Maintain an organized and clean workstation.
- Follow all safety policy and procedures.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment with other employees to enhance customer service and efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal/written direction.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Good mechanical skills.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required. Printing/Finishing experience a plus, but not necessary. On-the-job training provided.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.