Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager must fully understand the goals and philosophies of the company and be able to apply them to the daily operations. The job requires a person who is organized, knowledgeable and experienced in proper business practices and printing procedures. The Customer Service Manager must be able to make clear decisions and carry them out in a quick and professional manner. The role includes training, motivating and developing staff and implementing department policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the department to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Establish and continually improve all department policies and procedures.
- Develop a link between logistics and sales.
- Lead strategic planning efforts for short-term and long-term growth in the department.
- Work with others in the company and your department to affirm and enhance the company’s principles of customer service.
- Continually streamline department procedures to better serve the customer and the company.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties.
- Provide training to the employees to ensure they are able to perform the duties of their position in accordance with the needs of the company.
- Provide regular performance evaluations to ensure employees are continually developing in their positions.
- Ensure compliance of employees with established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Maintain an office environment that is professional, respectful, and enjoyable to work in.
- Answers customer’s complaints or inquiries.
- Manage inventory for maximum turnover, selection, inventory cost control, and promotions.
- Prepare a monthly report to the President/General Manager to communicate all pertinent department activity.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent and aggressive customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing principles.
- Overall understanding of printing and related processes.
- Must be flexible.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively follow through.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of work under pressure situations.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or 2 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law including: employee safety and well-being, training and development, performance appraisals, performance management, addressing complaints and resolving problems.