The National Accounts Customer Service Manager serves as a key position in the company with the primary responsibility of leading the customer service team in effective customer relations, coordination of incoming job information, and project management as it moves through the company. This position also serves on the executive leadership team to help develop and administer strategies aligned with the company’s short and long term objectives and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- LMA – Leading, Managing, and Holding People Accountable. Fundamentally, leading the customer service staff in carrying out the duties of their jobs to ensure excellent customer satisfaction and company profit. In addition, provide mentorship to the department staff, provide them with clear development opportunities, work for constant employee performance improvement, and promote teamwork within the department and throughout the organization.
- Effectively monitor standard department processes to ensure all members of the team are fundamentally performing the day-to-day tasks according to approved methods.
- Develop and maintain individual and department metrics to measure key results and drive improvement across all areas of the department.
- Take the lead in assisting the team in solving issues that may touch the customer or company to minimize dissatisfaction to the customer and cost to the company.
- Take personal responsibility and partner with respective team members for the top 25 customer relationships. This means regular communication with the customers to review company performance, customer satisfaction and seek out improvement opportunities.
- Build exceptional technical knowledge for teaching and communication with department employees, other departments in the organization and with customers to effectively carry out the most efficient job plans. Be a leader in cutting waste, saving time, and knocking down barriers that drag down the process.
- Serve as an advocate for continuous improvement in all areas through a good understanding of the issues, good documentation, and clear and respectful communication in the proper organizational order. A passion for improvement.
- Be a leader in understanding and communicating company workload forecasting, materials inventory controls, value streams, speed and accuracy of billing, and company profit.
- Clearly understand and communicate the company goals and expectations and regularly tie in the department performance so all are in sync with organizational objectives.
- Understand and live the company’s core values and never stop learning both internal processes and what the market needs us to serve.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent sales and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good understanding of printing and related processes.
- Exceptional understanding of sales and marketing principles.
- Good understanding of basic business principles.
- Must be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law including: employee safety and well-being, training and development, performance appraisals, performance management, addressing complaints and resolving problems.