This position functions as the Cutter or Folder Operator. Responsible for the safety and well being of their crew while managing the daily work schedule, quality control, minor troubleshooting of machines, training and crew development. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage production of the current job.
- Ability to work independently and manage daily workflow.
- Assist in developing and administering department operational policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment with other machine operators and supervisors regarding scheduling needs.
- Change cutter blades as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety regulations.
- Follow department operational policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of printing, finishing, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Must be flexible and very accommodating towards the changing work schedule and able to work OT as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
3rd (12am-8am) M-F