This position functions as the Cutter or Folder Operator. Responsible for the safety and well being of their crew while managing the daily work schedule, quality control, minor troubleshooting of machines, training and crew development. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage production of the current job.
- Ability to work independently and manage daily workflow.
- Assist in developing and administering department operational policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment with other machine operators and supervisors regarding scheduling needs.
- Change cutter blades as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Adhere to and enforce all safety regulations.
- Follow department operational policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Good knowledge of printing, finishing, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Must be flexible and very accommodating towards the changing work schedule and able to work OT as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; or GED; or 2 or more years of printing/Finishing experience; and/or vocational training in the printing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide) and to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions. Ability to accurately use all measurement tools including rulers, micrometers, calipers, and various testing equipment.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Now Offering a Sign-On Bonus of $1000.00 for Qualified Cutter/Folder Operators
Shifts: 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am