Responsible for executing the daily work schedule, quality control, troubleshooting of machines, training and crew development. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage crew to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Manage production of the current job.
- Communicate the job vision and expectations to the crew.
- Assist in developing and administering department operational policies and procedures.
- Provide reports to the shift supervisor regarding crew’s performance and job progress.
- Work in a team environment with other machine operators and supervisors regarding staffing needs.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Obtain a passing score on Merlin
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge of printing, Finishing, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma; or GED; or 2 or more years of printing/Finishing experience; and/or vocational training in the printing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.