This creative position is responsible for the conceptual design and creation of images, logos, and printed materials. The job also involves typesetting at various levels and making changes to materials already created but in need of updating. Limited pre-press work is performed in conjunction with the design duties. Consideration must be given to the customer’s budget, design taste, time, and ultimate use of the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create conceptual design and layout of images, logos, and materials for printing.
- Perform basic typesetting and layout of materials for printing.
- Perform traditional layout, cut & paste, and page marrying of materials for printing.
- Perform preliminary proof reading of all outgoing materials designed in the department.
- Perform routine systems and file maintenance in accordance with guidelines set by the department manager.
- Archive all jobs.
- Advise and assist the department manager in developing and administering department operational procedures and policies.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Extensive knowledge of graphic arts processes and equipment, as well as the offset printing process.
- Extensive creative design & layout skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the software used to perform the duties of the job (esp. QuarkXPress, Illustrator, Photoshop, Pagemaker and InDesign).
- Excellent typing skills.
- Basic skills in traditional layout, cut & paste, and page marrying.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and care for accuracy.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Excellent communication skills.
1st shift (8am-5pm)