Lead Maintenance Technician
This position functions as the Lead Maintenance Technician with an Electrician License issued from the state of South Dakota. This position is responsible for being a department leader, along with assisting with the daily workflow schedule, quality control, equipment repair, and equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Troubleshooting machine problems, through good problem solving techniques.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Be a leader/mentor in the department.
- Be able to give others in the department assistance and guidance.
- Must be able to handle large projects & multiple projects at the same time.
- Produce good quality work.
- Strong electrical & electronic knowledge & trouble shooting.
- Must have hands on experience with PLC’s & DC drives
- Be able to read mechanical blue prints, electrical & electronic schematics.
- On occasion might have to work other shifts, or stay late. On occasions the shift needs to be flexible. (come in early or stay late).
- Perform searches on the internet for parts, manuals & basic equipment information.
- Provide technical assistance and information to the Facilities Director.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Safety conscience.
- Must be flexible and available to work odd hours.
- Strong electrical knowledge.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Basic knowledge in plumbing and pneumatics’.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of 2 year degree from a Vocational Institute; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of a Journeyman’s Electrical license issued and/or accepted by the state of South Dakota.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.