Mailing Preparation Specialist
This position functions as the mailing preparation specialist. This position is responsible for assisting in the growth and profitability of the mailing department through effective operation techniques, efficient management of time and resources, and working to develop new revenue. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to achieve company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Oversee all the logistics involved with list preparation, importing, Cass certify, presorting and output formatted files and postal documentation of the jobs.
- Administer all necessary documentation in regards to billing, purchase orders, and job tickets.
- Work with customers directly and through the sales staff to educate about the benefits of doing their mailing through Quality Quick Print/Midstates Printing.
- Seek out and pursue mailing leads directly and through the sales staff.
- Review job tickets and assure that the printing specs meet postal regulations.
- Know, understand, and keep up-to date on all postal regulations.
- Continually work with the Customer Service and Sales Managers to develop training, sales, and marketing materials to educate employees and customers.
- Assist in developing and administering department operational policies and procedures through regular company and departmental meetings.
- Work in a team environment to enhance customer service and operational efficiency.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent computer operation skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of postal regulations.
- Excellent and aggressive customer service skills.
- Must be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of printing, bindery, mailing, and related processes.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in Business or related field; or 3 or more years related experience and/or
2 to 5 years of computer experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.