This position functions as the maintenance technician. Position responsible for being a department leader, along with assisting with the daily workflow schedule, quality control, equipment repair, and equipment maintenance. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the best customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Troubleshooting machine problems, through basic problem solving techniques.
- Perform searches on the internet for parts, manuals & basic equipment information.
- Perform and/or overseeing the completion of preventative maintenance.
- Perform general repairs on production machinery, office equipment, and facilities.
- Provide technical assistance and information to the Facilities Manager.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
- Be a leader in the department.
- Be a mentor. A go to person for others in the department.
- Some larger projects may be assigned to you for layout, bids, material lists & implementing or leading the project.
- Expected to produce good quality work/workmanship routinely.
- Could be requested to work any of the 3 shifts or a mixed combo.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and departmental goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Safety conscience.
- Must be flexible and available to work odd hours.
- Must be a jack of all trades.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Must have Basic electrical knowledge.
- Be able to read mechanical blue prints, electrical & electronic schematics.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Basic plumbing knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Be able to follow instructions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate the company’s vision.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree in Electronics or related field; or 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.