Sales Account Executive – Pierre, SD
Account Executive is responsible for soliciting the company’s products and services in a local and national market to prospects and existing customers. This individual must have good working knowledge of the printing business to be able to provide customers with the best product options. The account executive will follow the lead and provide the prospective customer with all the pertinent information needed to make their decision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- Call on current and prospective customers to solicit our products and service and to build a rapport with the decision makers.
- Continually follow-up on sales leads until the job is successfully sold.
- Provide price quotes, company literature, and job samples to current and prospective customers and sell them on the benefits of our products and services.
- Determine the end-use of the customer’s products and provide them with suitable marketing advice and solutions.
- Present customers with new and creative product ideas.
- Establish credit terms and prepare sales contracts for each job sold.
- Communicate with sales coordinators (if applicable) on job specs to ensure proper handoff of the job, Monitor job progress and stay in contact with the customer.
- Prepare weekly report for director of sales on sales activities.
- Work as a team with co-workers and other departments.
- Continually seek training and development.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
- Occasional travel.
- Occasionally will have to have flexible work hours for peak demands and customer’s needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent and aggressive sales techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to present products with confidence.
- Community involvement is highly encouraged.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Professional, courteous telephone and email etiquette.
- Overall understanding of printing and related processes.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively follow through.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply basic math concepts (add, subtract, multiply, and divide). Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law including: employee safety and well-being, training and development, addressing complaints and resolving problems.