This position functions as the finishing supervisor. The bindery shift supervisor must fully understand the goals and philosophies of the company and be able to apply them to the daily operation. The finishing supervisor is responsible for all of the bindery operations for your shift, the daily workflow schedule, quality control, equipment maintenance, training and crew development. The bindery shift supervisor must be able to make clear decisions and carry them out in a quick and professional manner. In addition to establishing and improving production standards, the role includes working with others in the company to provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage shift to reach company’s customer service, profit, sales, and growth goals.
- Manage the daily production schedule for your shift.
- Inspect jobs to verify conformance to specifications and direct setups and adjustments of the machines.
- Must monitor the performance of the crew and make the necessary adjustment to meet or exceed production goals.
- Insure that the individuals on the bindery production floor are busy with productive work.
- Oversee all bindery personnel to insure that production is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Must do a final inspection of the product being produced to assure accurate trim, weight, and addressing.
- Enforce safety regulations.
- Study production schedules and establish or adjust work procedures to meet deadlines set.
- Communicate the job vision and expectations to the crew.
- Assist in developing and administering department operational policies and procedures through regular company and departmental meetings.
- Assist in developing and implementing immediate and long-range plans for department personnel and equipment.
- Work in a team environment with other shift supervisors to enhance customer service and operational efficiency.
- Administer reviews for each employee on your shift.
- Follow up on machine maintenance schedule, troubleshooting, and emergency repairs.
- Follow department operational policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactory. The requirements listed below are a representation of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Extensive knowledge of printing, bindery, mailing, and related processes.
- Excellent working knowledge of the department equipment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Must be flexible.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Must be able to work well with diverse groups or individuals.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
1st shift (8am-5pm)