This position is responsible for recruiting and staffing for the company. This person works closely with the department managers, production scheduler, and human resources to determine needs. The person will identify and utilize resources to find potential candidates for position openings. The person will interview and attract qualified candidates for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds applicants sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media and internet sites, providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits , making presentations and maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and communicating with supervisors to understand job requirements, culture and skills required for the job.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Interview candidates for operator, supervisor and other positions as assigned.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules, arranges travel, lodging and meals, escorts applicant to interviews and arranges community tours.
- Manages new employee relocation by assisting with finding suitable housing.
- Communicate regularly with production and human resources to identify staffing needs.
- Understand the company mission and be able to effectively communicate the philosophy and goals of the company deep into the employee ranks.
- Systematically monitor and analyze the progress of all hires to ensure that quality of hires meets the expectations set by management.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company and department goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Overall understanding of printing and related processes.
- Must be flexible.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must be able to work well with a diverse group of people and individuals.
- Must be able to effectively follow through.
- Must be able to carry out multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Basic computer operation skills.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be aware and conform to all safety requirements when in the facility, operating motor vehicles, or in the field performing duties for the company.
Physical and Working Conditions
The job is performed in a manufacturing facility with exposure to large equipment, noise, and materials related to the printing process. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, stoop or kneel.
- Ability to use hands and arms to type, reach, handle or feel.
- Ability to frequently lift/move up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.